COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS/ CUSTOMER SERVICE
- 1. How to place an order?
- 2. How to open a wholesale account?
- 3. What is the minimum order for wholesales?
- 4. How is the tile packed? Is the package insured?
- 5. What to do if the package is damaged?
- 6. Our Claims Policy
- 7. How is freight calculated?
- 8. Can tiles be used as trivets (hotplate)? Can the tabletops take the heat?
- 9. Can I put food directly on tile surface or use it as a spoon rest?
- 10. Can I use the tile as stepping stones?
- 11. What is our return policy?
- 12. What is our exchange policy?
- 13. How to pack return or exchange products?
- 14. What is crazing?
- 15. Can the tiles be installed/incorporated into a construction/remodel project?
- Orders can be placed by the following ways, • Call our office at 951.898.5988 • Fax us at 951.898.6869 • Order through our website • Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org Our office hours are 9-5 weekdays. Please refer to the item number when placing the orders.
2. How to open a wholesale account?
- For new wholesale customers, we need a copy of your seller's permit to be faxed to us before you can place an order. First time wholesale order has to be paid either by a credit card or prepaid by a check or cash. A 30 days term may be issued upon a credit approval. Please fax over a credit reference sheet to apply for a net 30 account.
3. What is the minimum order for wholesales?
- For Art Tiles, the minimum order is $150. For the garden décor line is $250.
4. How are the art tiles packed? Is the package insured?
- All tiles are individually packed with custom fitted foams. Bubble wraps and peanuts are used to reduce the chance of damage during transit. And all packages are insured.
5. What to do if the package is damaged?
- If you find out any damage to our products due to the transit, please contact us at your earliest convenience. We will file the claim for you. (Please note, crazing is not considered damage due to transit. See line 14 for details about crazing) You need to keep the damaged products for 10 business days in case the carriers want inspection. In most cases, you may discard the damaged products afterward.
6. What is our return policy?
- Any claims must be made within 30 days. If the return is a result of our error or product defects, you will get the full refund, and we will pay for the return shipping. Please note, crazing on tiles are not defects. See line 14 for details about crazing. If the return is not a result of our fault, a 25% restocking fee is required for all return orders.
7. What is our exchange policy?
- All orders can be exchange within 30 days of purchase except promotional items. However, you are responsible for the shipping costs.
8. How to pack return or exchange products?
- All return or exchange products need to be packed with the original packing materials including the foam, bubble wrap, and peanuts. Customers are responsible for filing the claims for compensation if the returning or exchanging products are damaged during transit.
9. Our Claims Policy
- Upon receiving your order please check the merchandise to report shortages and/or damages within the the following time frame:
Under $1,000 value : 10 days after order was received
$1,000 - 3,500 : 20 days after order was received
$3,500 - above : 1 month after order was received
- If you report claims within the above time frame customers have the option of free replacement, refund or credit on file. Claims reported after time frame will have shipping charges applied for replacements or credit on file will be applied. No refunds. Claims made after 6 months will no longer be accepted.
10. How is freight calculated?
- All freight couriers base charges by weight of shipment in combination with distance of delivery. For orders less than $1,000.00 we usually ship them via FedEx Ground. For order values more than $1,000.00, we can ship them via trucking companies. We can also use your own shipping accounts, and no extra charges will be added to your order. Trucking companies offer addtional services but also have additional charges to use. If you use additional services without letting us know prior to shipping you will receive a separate bill.
Lift Gate $150
Limited Access $125
Will Call $35
Appoint Scheduling $20
11. Can tiles be used as trivets (hotplate) or coasters for hot drinks? Can the tabletops take the heat?
- Yes, high temperatures will not affect the tiles. But keep in mind of normal wear on raised edges. For tables we apply an additional layer of clear glaze, so make them more durable for normal wear on raised edges.
12. Can I put food directly on tile surface or use it as a spoon rest?
- No, since the tiles are low fired, it may contain certain chemicals that are not recommended to have direct contact with food.
13. Can I use the tile as stepping stones?
- You will need to consult your contractor to see if they can level the surface of the floor flat enough to incorporate the tiles as stepping stones.
14. What is crazing?
- Crazing occurs when the clay body layer and the glaze layer cool and contract at different rates. This is a common effect that happens in the making of this type of ceramic product. As a result, hairline crackling can form beneath the surface of the tile. This is a design feature, which makes each piece unique and distinctive unto themselves. Crazing occurs randomly, some tiles have it, and others do not even with the same design. Some designs tend to have more crazing than others depending on the type of design and color. There are many factors that affect the appearance of crazing during the firing process, such as temperature and humidity. Therefore, we cannot guarantee any particular design free of crazing. Most people do not mind about the crazing because the thin hairline can barely be noticed, and most importantly they understand the hand-made nature of each tile. No return will be issued on crazing tiles.
15. Can the tiles be installed/incorporated into a construction/remodel project?
- Yes. The tiles can be mounted inside or outside once the backing has been removed safely by submerging the entire tile under water for a period of 12-24 hours will remove. The multi-tile/mural works do not come with the hard-board backing, which can be mounted directly onto the wall surface.